Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF!!!!

TGIF! Marissa & I just finished making our Valentines Day cards which was then followed by baking Valentine's Day Cupcakes & heart-shaped cake! She did really well "helping" mommy and when we do bake together it just creates one of those warm-fuzzy feelings in my heart. I can see us doing this many, many more years in the future. Hanging out in the kitchen, talking and baking, it is so fun!

I heard this week to not "wish" your life away. As a mom of 2-year old, I sometimes catch myself thinking, "I cannot wait until she's older so she can do _____ and fill in the blank." Most of the time it's when I'm super frustrated and it's been a long day that I find myself thinking this. This mom that was giving this talk about not "wishing" your life away was just a great reminder that I need to be thankful for each day we have together and not long for the days where she doesn't need me as much. I'm sure when those days come, I'll wish that she was younger and needed me more.

Tomorrow, Valentines Day, Tony's parents have graciously offered to take Marissa overnight so we are SUPER excited to have the day & night to ourselves. It is always such a blessing even to just eat dinner with no interruptions :)

Happy Valentines Day to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment