Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

Last Friday, I had my OB check-up appointment. My blood pressure is staying at the normal range which is such a relief. The doctor was pleased but did warn me that he will be watching me very closely starting at 32 weeks. Tomorrow, I turn 26 weeks so I have about 6 weeks to go until my weekly ultrasounds. These ultrasounds will measure the following five things: Body movements, muscle tone, breathing movements, amniotic fluid, and heartbeat. This ultrasound test will help determine when the baby should be born. He explained that pregnant women with high blood pressure can have complications with the placenta not getting enough oxygen to the baby so this is the reason for the test. So I'll pretty much be living at the doctor's office starting Mid-May!

If all goes well and baby continues to do well with no complications, I will have a C-Section at the Maple Grove Hospital on Tuesday, July 13th. I'm starting to feel that uncomfortable feeling coming on so I know these last 3 months are the hardest to get through!

I did pass my gestational diabetes test so that was a real relief!!!

Next doctor appointment is on Friday, April 30th! More details to come!

Tomorrow we leave for a vacation to Turks & Caicos! We are excited to get some R & R!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment