Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last Day of Kindergarten!

Just a few short hours ago, I dropped Marissa off for her last day of Kindergarten!  As I watched her walk into school, the tears started flowing.   For some reason, this feels like such a big day.  It's like FIRST GRADE is big kid stuff.  How could this year have flown by so quick?  Does every year go this fast?  Then my mind quickly turned to last night.  We were laying in her bed and I was listening to her read her new book that her teacher gave her for a gift.  She could read it...even the big words....I couldn't help but think, how does she know these words?  I'm enjoying the moment and then I look up at her shelf and I see that infamous picture....the picture that Grandpa took of her just a few hours after her birth.  She was all swaddled in her hospital blanket and her eyes hadn't opened yet.  I'll forever cherish that picture because it's exactly how I remember her newborn self.  Now I flash back to reality, laying with my 6 1/2 year old who is quickly growing tall, incredibly smart, gifted athlete, and loving big sister....I feel so lucky, blessed and loved by this girl who is growing up to be someone who I am so PROUD of.  I think of all the days when it was just me and her.  We had 3 1/2 years together of just us.  That is and was always be a special time in my life.  I am not sure I appreciated it when it was happening but I treasure those days.  When she walks off the bus tonight, she will be a 1st grader and yet another season of life will have begun.  So there is my rambling thoughts for today.  Someday when Marissa looks back at this blog, I hope she will know how incredible I think she is and I look forward to seeing what this next year will bring for her! 


Last day picture!

The newborn picture.....LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment