Saturday, August 6, 2011

Foot Update.....

As many of you know I've been struggling with a pain in my right foot when running.  I've been to the doctor for an X-ray and MRI that came up with a "normal" result.  So yesterday, I had an appointment with a podiatrist to see if he could figure out what was wrong.  He diagnosed me to have Morton's Neuroma which is a problem caused by repetitive stresses caused by running.  The neuroma is a build up of scar tissue surrounding a nerve of the foot caused by repeated microtrauma to the nerve.  Which then puts stress on the nerve causing the scarring.  He is going to fit me for a custom molded orthotic to put in my shoe and wants me to buy a different running shoe.  The great news is that I don't have to stop running!  So at least I know what it is now and what to do for it!  My 13.1 mile half-marathon is only two months away so I need to get some relief to finish the training schedule for it!  So, hopefully these two things will be the fix to it!!!!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment