Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Awana Cubbies!

I've been meaning to do this post for quite awhile but I never get a pic of Marissa before she goes to Cubbies because it's usually very chaotic getting out the door!  Marissa started Awana Cubbies at church back in the beginning of September.  I wasn't sure how it would go considering she had preschool in the morning and Cubbies didn't start until 6:30 PM.  Tony is a T & T leader for the boys who are in 3rd-5th grade.  Marissa calls him "teacher daddy."  It's funny how cool she thinks it is that Daddy is a teacher. 

Marissa has an amazing memory and is doing excellent learning her verses.  She is always super excited to get patches that she has earned by saying her verses.  The first patch she got she had to call my mom that night and wanted her to sew it on at 9:00PM.  Every Wednesday morning during Brody's nap, we take time to read the lesson for next week and learn her verse.  It doesn't take long and she has got it.  We continue to review it throughout the week but she remembers it and I rarely have to help her.  Here's a pic I took this morning of her in the Cubbies Vest.  She is so proud of it!  I'm SUPER proud of her and how well she is doing!



Marissa in her Cubbies Vest!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Flora Rodrigues. I'm from Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil.
    I work at Awana ministry at Highest Baptist Church. I'm director of Cubbie Club. First of all, i apologize for my terrible english.
    The reason i sent you this e-mail is because our club is going to celebrate Missions day, tomorrow.
    We wanna know if we could show a photo of your daughter Marissa who is also a cubbie friend. We believe that our kids will be very happy of knowing another child who live so far from them.
    We'll pray for her and your family.
    Thank you so much.
    God bless you all!

    p.s. I loved the blog:)

    Flora Rodrigues
    Twitter: @florodrigues
    Facebook: Flora Rodrigues

    ReplyDelete