Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Awana Cubbies!

I've been meaning to do this post for quite awhile but I never get a pic of Marissa before she goes to Cubbies because it's usually very chaotic getting out the door!  Marissa started Awana Cubbies at church back in the beginning of September.  I wasn't sure how it would go considering she had preschool in the morning and Cubbies didn't start until 6:30 PM.  Tony is a T & T leader for the boys who are in 3rd-5th grade.  Marissa calls him "teacher daddy."  It's funny how cool she thinks it is that Daddy is a teacher. 

Marissa has an amazing memory and is doing excellent learning her verses.  She is always super excited to get patches that she has earned by saying her verses.  The first patch she got she had to call my mom that night and wanted her to sew it on at 9:00PM.  Every Wednesday morning during Brody's nap, we take time to read the lesson for next week and learn her verse.  It doesn't take long and she has got it.  We continue to review it throughout the week but she remembers it and I rarely have to help her.  Here's a pic I took this morning of her in the Cubbies Vest.  She is so proud of it!  I'm SUPER proud of her and how well she is doing!



Marissa in her Cubbies Vest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.