Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Running...Friend or Foe?

Ok, so I've taken up running....don't ask me why but I have.  I'm not very good at it yet but I'm at least trying.  I am SO.NOT.A.RUNNER....but I like how I feel when I'm done.  I feel like I've accomplished something.

So, now that we have finished our first 5K we are now looking forward to the next.  My friend, Betsy convinced me to sign up for a half marathon (aka 13.2 miles) in October.  YIKES!  I still feel scared about that!  So that means we need to keep going strong all summer long. 

I joined "Moms on the Run" who meets on Tuesday nights to run together starting this next week.  I hope the weather turns nicer if we are going to start running outside.  I signed up for the next 5K on June 5th and then I'll do a 10K on July 23rd to try to ramp up for that half marathon in October.  Then another 5K in August and maybe I'll try to find another 10K in September.  This is sounding way too ambitious for someone who doesn't love to run :)

Next step is get a good heart rate monitor watch and a good pair of shoes!  Yes, shopping is in my near future!  At least there is one perk to running...SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment