Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend with the fam....

Well this past weekend has flown by yet again and here we are back at Monday.  Today I am finally getting my hair cut and colored!  It's been at least 8 months since I've had it done and it SO desperately needs it!  I'm so looking forward to a little pampering tonight especially after such a busy weekend!  First off, Brody has regressed and started getting up at 3:30 AM for the past 3 mornings and needless to say I am exhausted!  I have no idea what is going on with him.  He doesn't act sick at all.  He's not teething.  So what is it?  Maybe he knew we were going to have a super busy weekend and decided he wanted to start each day early! 

Friday night as soon as Tony pulled in the driveway, we took off and headed over to John & Beth's new house.  Tony got to work on moving the furniture and boxes while I tackled the kitchen.  I wanted to help Beth get settled ASAP and usually the kitchen is one of the first things you need when you move in.  We got a lot done and didn't stop working until after 10:00 pm.  Which means we didn't get home until after 11.....a VERY late night for us!  HA! 

Saturday morning, we got ready and met up with my family who was in town for the weekend.  My Aunt Anita & Uncle Jerry...cousins Todd, Laura, Lydia & Drew and my brother, Cam and my nephews, Degen & Lukas plus the four of us made for a nice big table at Big Bowl where ate lunch.  It was fun to catch up with them since we haven't been together in a long time!  We took the kids over to the indoor playground and let them run off some energy for a few hours and Marissa really loved spending time with her cousins.  We went back to my mom's and tackled some home improvement projects for her since my brother had brought his tools up!  Then we headed off to dinner and took the kids roller skating to top off the night.  I haven't been skating in such a long time.  It's kind of like riding a bike....it just comes back to you!  Cam and I had fun re-living our childhood weekend nights where we would always go skating with our friends.  The boys did AMAZING....Lukas was a natural and just skated like he had been doing it for years.  Degen NEVER gave up no matter how many times he fell.  Marissa did really good too despite some frustration she had at first. 

Sunday, the boys wanted to go to Sunday School with Marissa so they came over to our church and then we headed out to lunch before they went home.  It was fun weekend and I am really hoping Brody sleeps tonight so we can all catch up on our sleep!!!  Here's some pics from the weekend that I got on my phone!


Marissa & Lukas....two peas in a pod!

Degen & Brody.....B sure loved having his BIG cousin's attention!


The 4 grandkids!

Lukas, Marissa & Degen

Ready to skate....


No comments:

Post a Comment