Monday, September 24, 2012

Zumbathon & 10-mile race update!

Another busy weekend flew by and here I sit on Monday morning wondering where the weekend went!  Friday night, I attended a Zumbathon downtown Minneapolis to raise money for the Y Partners.  It was a good excuse to squeeze in another session of Zumba while helping a great cause!  Some of my favorite ladies from the Andover Y Zumba class came with me and we ended up having a great time!  After the Zumbathon was over, we headed to CRAVE for a fun dinner!  It's not often that I get to sit and relax through dinner and I think as busy mom's we all enjoyed it because we were there for 3 hours! 

Here's a pic of some of the Andover Y crew!



On Saturday, we took the kids to the Maple Maze Indoor playground, ran errands, took naps, cleaned out the garage, had dinner at John & Beth's and then headed to bed early so that I could get rested up for Sunday.

Sunday was the big RACE day!  I participated in the Women Run the Cities 10-mile race again this year.  I definitely thought I was more prepared and trained for last year's race more than this year but I shaved 8 minutes off my time from last year so I feel SO good about that.  It went remarkably well and I felt like I did my best!  10-miles didn't even seem that bad and I recovered much easier from it than I did last year so I say I'm making progress!

Thanks to my awesome running partner, Betsy, who always is there to get me through each race!  WE DID IT!

At the Starting Line!

Running Partners and BFF's!

Jessica, Me and Betsy!  PRESCHOOL MAMA'S ROCK!

After the race, we rested awhile and then I got busy making chili and apple crisp for dinner!  A perfect way to end a chilly fall day! 

Here's some random pics I took throughout the week!


Snuggling before bed listening to a story on the CD player!

He's a big boy now!

LOVES playing catch and SO SO cute!

LOVE IT!

Thanks to our BFF's for these pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment